Hello and welcome to my blog Mummabstylish,
So pleased to have you join me today as I'm sharing another respected blogging friend Jess for my
At Home With ... series.
I've followed Jess since I started blogging and get lots of inspiration from her stylish and well-put-together outfits.
Before we learn more about Jess, I'll briefly tell you about my week.
Since getting back from my holiday and weekend in Scotland I've been full on getting everything ready for the big day. Every year I plan to have things sorted by the beginning of December and alas every year I fail big time! Lol.
I've just about got everything ready now, just one or two little gifts to buy and a couple of deliveries and then put a fork in me I'm done!
I'm going to share a holiday photo with you all, and hope I don't make you too jealous! I had an amazing time in Abu Dhabi for 10 whole nights in heaven with my hubby, (watch out for the full post). This was our last day in paradise, and I travelled home in this floral beauty - soon changed into jeans and boots once I landed at Heathrow - certainly noticed the cold!!!
Jess lives in North Carolina in America and shares her effortless style, encouraging ladies to feel good in what they wear and what they do. Do continue to read and learn more about my blogging pal.
Welcome Jess to At Home With ... many thanks for agreeing to join in, it's good to have more of an insight to you and your world.
Why did you start blogging and when?
- I started blogging almost 8 years ago in Fab 2014. I have always loved fashion, but in 2010 was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, a connective tissue disease. After many doctors and medications, I did not quite have my pain under control yet. I needed something that was a distration for me, something to keep my mind off of my health. I started looking at blogs and found ladies over 40 that write fashion blogs! The rest is history!
I know you have dogs, do tell us about them.
- I have had a love of dogs forever! As a child I had Shadow, a little black mutt I loved. We presently have 2 Shih Tzus, Gibson and Truffles. Gibson (Gibby) is 10 and he was named after my Gibson Jazz guitar. He is my shadow, follows me everywhere and panics when he can't find me in the house! His hair was much darker as a pup - a dark auburn red but has lightened! Truffels otherwise known as 'Princess Truffles' is 12 and is still acting like a puppy! We walk them 2 - 3 miles a day and she loves to play fetch - will drop anything to play! I call them my Guardian Angels as they were a tremendous comfort when I was at my worst.
What's your favourite garment that's in your life right now?
- This is a toughy! I clean out my closet every season, and give things to Goodwill, and see what I'd like to add. I am going to say, my plaid blazer from ASOS. I wear it as a coat here, as I live in the south and it is the right weight for that extra layer. I really love a double breasted blazer look.
Do you remember the first piece of clothing you bought?
- I am trying to think back to that! I believe it was a pair of jeans with a floral or paisley print on them.
What is your favourite colour?
- Favourite colour is tough. I love so many! I do think olive green is always something I gravitate toward, but I do love the vibrance and statement of a dark red.
You are based in the US, please tell us about where you live.
- I live in Huntersville, North Carolina, which is North of Charlotte. My hubby and I moved here 20 years ago (which I can't believe!) The climate is wonderful, many more sunny days than grey! We are near Lake Norman where we do paddleboarding, rent a boat and also are equidistant to the beaches and mountains. We live in the suburbs and a lovely neighbourhood.
Do you take your own photos, do you use a camera or phone?
- My hubby takes all my photos for the blog. We both have learned a lot about photography by blogging! He uses a Canon DSL camera.
What was your favourite subject at school?
- English in my first several years of college, I loved the course, "Great English Novels" and many of the English courses I took toward a Journalism degree. (I did switch however, and found that music was more my forte and graduated with a master's in Music and Elementary Ed.
Do you wear cosmetics? Have you got a favourite piece you like to use?
- Yes! I enjoy wearing makeup! I found that I love YSL Eclat Foundation as well as Dior Backstage Airflash Foundation which is so light and has an airbrush finish. I have also been enjoying the lipsticks from Charlotte Tilbury.
Are there any bloggers you look to for help?
- I do belong to a few blogger groups on social media that help - Midlife Blogger Group and Instagram over 50
Time for the #Chicandstylish #LINKUP
Thanks to everyone who joined the party last week, well done for adding your post Laurie - Vanity and Me. I just had to share this post, I adore Laurie's style and we were twinning in this gorgeous dress from Bonmarche.
Now let's start linking up.
Here are some guidelines.
Link up your fashion and beauty posts, other topics allowed.
We all like to get compliments, so please leave a nice comment when visiting a blog or two.
Also link back to Mummabstylish blog post.
You can also share the love on social media.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, so good to have you join me.
I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year.
Please so stop by on Monday, there's the last edition of the year from the Style Not Age collective, we're sharing our little black numbers for NYE - all bases covered for whatever happens on the night!
Bye for now. X