- I started Nancy's Fashion Style in 2015. I had about 8 months prior to this blog another blog, which was more of a try out. I started to blog because I had to stop working because of my lung disease. That was in 2012. After I had coped with that I knew I needed to do something to fill my days with. I always worked in fashion, fashion is my passion, and I love to write. So a blog was born!
- I live in the Netherlands. Always have and always lived in the area I live in. I was born in Arnhem, but live now for about 30 years in a village near Arnhem. But you know where my heart is! In the UK! Sussex to be precise. But I also love Somerset a lot. I have been to the UK about 33 times and I really want to live there, in fact, I wished I was British!
- I was 14, 15 and 16 I went with my parents to the UK and that was it! I have the feeling I belong there. If I would believe in a previous life, I just know I lived in the UK! I love Rye, that town makes me feel I belong there. But we always visit Brighton too, I just love the vibe of that city and I do love Hastings. But gosh there are so many beautiful towns in the UK. Lewes, Burnham-on-sea, Bath and Lyndhurst! I love the New Forest too, it's amazing there! I can talk for hours of all the gorgeous places!
- Well that varies, I love to wear skirts and dresses. I would say a black wide midi/maxi skirt is my favourite. I have always loved black clothing and a skirt is so easy to wear. I hate it when I "feel" my clothes.. I have more to worry about than over the clothes I wear. At the moment I am totally into sneakers! I wear them with everything. I think a favourite item varies from season to season. My green pleated skirt will be one of my favourites this season! But them again ... I do have a black skirt and dress coming up my way!!!
- I always find that such a difficult question. Because other people can see you totally different as you see yourself. I hope my style is coll, elegant - it's classic with a twist I think. I like contrasts in an outfit. Think pencil skirt with biker boots. Elegant dress with leather jacket, that kind of style. I wear darker colours, I'm an Autumn type, always golden accessories, never silver. I like statement earrings a lot. Do you get the picture?
- Ha Ha, oh my word. I love food and I like almost everything! Let me think ... for starters, something with scallops. For main, I really don't know, I love seafood. I am not such a meat eater and if I do it has to be organic. For dessert, I am not a dessert fan but .... I had the best sticky toffee pudding in Rye and I do love a cheese board. For drinks I want to start with an Expresso Martini, the best cocktail ever! I want a coffee with chocolates after, or is that the 4th course? Of course you can have a 4th course Nancy. 🤎🤎
- Oh thank you very much, I don't think so myself but I take that as a huge compliment! I was crazy about shoes since I was a child and I mean a very young child. At the age of four I knew exactly that I wanted black patent shoes! When I was about 12 I was very interested in designers like Dior and Chanel. In my early 20's I had my clothes custom made and I wished I still had those outfits, I designed it myself. Well, didn't draw it but told the tailor what I wanted and he made it. I bought the fabric and buttons and all, it was a very different outfit and I loved them. Later I worked in fashion, being a shop manager, providing sales training to other shops and trained people to become shop managers.
- Blogging! That is really my passion. I love to be busy with that. I also work out a lot which is necessary for me, but I also love to do it! I love to hang out with friends and eat together & throw dinner parties! I also love to do things with Gerben, my partner for almost 30 years. We have a lot of fun together!
- Most important thing is to be yourself! The most interesting blogs are the ones from women who look the same in real life as the do on their blog! You have to be happy with it, don't do it for the wrong reasons. Don't think you will be the next influencer when you published your first post, don't think you will earn money. Do it because you love to write and engage with other bloggers! Do it because it is your passion. The most uninteresting blogs are the ones where you can't read what the blogger wrote because of all the adds, or bloggers who are not really interested. You can pick them out so easily!
What bloggers do you admire - please tell us about them.
- The ones that are real women! And are supportive.
Time for the #Chicandstylish #LINKUP party.
Before we start the Linky, a big welcome to Emma - Style Splash who's marigold and blue outfit caught my eye last week. This vintage blouse is so pretty you just have 'the knack' for pairing unusual colours that look stunning. Thanks for sharing. X